Project coordinator: Florence City Council
Comune di Firenze is the Florence Municipality and acts as the political body and administrative power of the city of Florence and its territory under the italian legal system. Its duties, as provided for in the national legislation, include policy making on mobility, social welfare, economic development and the environment.
The Istituto di Biometeorologia of the National Research Council (IBIMET CNR), was born at the beginning of the eighties to meet the national need for a reliable research base, in agrometeorology and environmental analysis for agriculture sectors. The institutional IBIMET aims are the scientific research and training in the field of meteorology, climatology and their applications. In particular IBIMET is focused on the study of environmental parameters effect on the main chemical and physical phenomena in the atmosphere, biosphere and geosphere. Its basic activity is to carry out interdisciplinary research
projects in recently developed scientific areas, such as meteorology, agro-meteorology, remote sensing and environmental analysis. The basic philosophy of IBIMET is that the monitoring and management of natural and agricultural resources requires an exhaustive knowledge of environmental phenomena, which can be gained only by interdisciplinary groups. Among the activities of IBIMET a particular attention has always been devoted to the study of the nature, causes and effect of climatic change. In particular, modelling studies of the impact of climatic change on environment and agricultural and natural ecosystems have been considered as major fields of research and are part of national and international activities in which IBIMET is involved.
IBIMET activities deal with remote sensing, environmental monitoring, data processing, image processing, modelling, and simulations. Specifically:
Research on global change
- Climatic change on temperature and precipitation distributions, desertification (MEDALUS)
- Sea-level observation systems
- Climatic and meteorological impact on agriculture, water resources, coastal zones biological species
- severe hydro-meteorological events (ARNO project)
- Desertification information system for the Mediterranean (UNCCD-EEA) In collaboration with
- Fondazione Meteorologia Applicata and Sahara and Sahel Observatory
- Vulnerability assessment in arid zones
- Weather radar systems (satellites and rain gauges data fusion, weather radar network)
- Atmospheric sounding systems (radar wind profiler analysis, RASS and solar data processing,
- microwaves radiometer application; collaboration with many Italian regional agencies and EU)
- Satellite remote sensing (technological analysis of space-borne sensor neuronal data)
- climatic data spatialisation and classification, image processing, data fusion techniques computer
- graphic and meteorological applications
IBIMET collaborates with Universities, research institutes, Italian Administrations (Tuscany Region,
Ministry Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Environment, ASI, etc.), international
organizations (ESA, EU, EUMETSAT, FAO, WB, WMO, UNCCD, UNFCCC, NOAA, USGS, OSS, etc.),
and Private Companies.
Partner: Fondazione "E. Mach
2nd Article of the provincial law no. 28 of 5 November 1990 establishes that the "Istituto Agrario San Michele all'Adige promotes and carries out research, scientific experiments, education and training activities as well as providing technical assistance and services to companies. These ctivities are aimed at promoting cultural and socio-economic growth in the agricultural sector and at developing the forestry and agro-alimentary systems, with particular regard for the environment and the safeguard of
the territory of the Trentino region". Since 1997 IASMA hosts an Europe Direct (former "Rural
Carrefour") information centre.
Starting from 1st January 2008 the legal status of "Istituto Agrario di San Michele all'Adige" has changed:
as it's foreseen in the specific provincial law (n. 14 of 2nd August 2005, article n.9) "Provincia Autonoma di Trento and Istituto Agrario di San Michele all'Adige promote the establishment of a foundation named
"Fondazione E. Mach" as a no profit public body". "Fondazione "E. Mach" will continue the activities of Istituto Agrario di San Michele all'Adige". The new name, following this change, is thus "Fondazione "E. Mach - Istituto Agrario San Michele all'Adige"
Partner: Modena City Council
The City of Modena is the local authority governing Modena, a city of 180.000 inhabitants, located in Northern Italy, in the heart of the Emilia - Romagna region. It is constituted by several Departments, among which: Public works Dep., Environment Dep., Social Services Dep., Culture, Sport and Youth Polices Dep., Education Dep.City of Modena
The City of Modena has a very good experience in European projects, thanks to its office Progetto Europa, opened in 1995. This office is in charge of supporting all City departments in the submission of project proposals to European Commission and in the management of approved proposals. By November 2006, the City of Modena has received EU contribution for 60 projects in several fields of interventions: mobility, environment, energy, information and communication technologies, culture, youth policies, education, social services, gender equality, etc.
More information on the City of Modena funded EU projects are available at the following website: www.comune.modena.it/progettoeuropa.
Partner: Europe Direct Sybergy net - EURO-NET
1. is a non-profit organization that:
- is selected centre of the following European networks: Europe Direct, Eurodesk;
- is Promoter and European Coordinator of the following European networks: European Governance Network, Euronet, The Youth European Network, European Inclusion Network;
- is Associated Organism of the following European network: SOLVIT;
- is member of the following European networks: European Network of Youth Centers, Five Stars, Media Network, Guidenet, European Youth Associations and Councils Network, LLLClubs, Anna Lindh Foundation;
- is associated member of the following European network: Inclues - Clues to inclusive and cognitive education
- compares also in the database of the following networks: United, WAVE Network, South East European - Educational Cooperation Network, Youth For Europe, Development Gateway, Global Youth Action Network, Euro-Med Youth Trade Union Network, EVS network, Partners section of the European Commission’s web site of European Year of Intercultural Dialogue 2008
- is recognized as INTERMEDIATE ORGANIZATION in the database of the following European network: E-partenariat
- is selected as REGIONAL CENTRE for the project (for people with disabilities): NavigAbile
2. is recognized by:
European Commission and Italian Youth Agency as: Hosting and Sending Organization for E.V.S. Presidency of Minister’s Council as: Organization of National Civil Service.
3. is inserted in the database of: E.Y.F. (European Youth Foundation) at n.858, Euromed Platforum at n. 3162
4. is member of: Regional Youth Forum of Basilicata, Regional List of Cultural Association, Dissemination Network of National Resource Centre for Orientation - ISFOL.
Partner: University of Bari
The main feature of the studies taught in the Faculty is multidisciplinarity and, at the same time, interdisciplinarity.
Study courses, in fact, belong to different disciplinary fields in terms of methodologies and contents and these also oriented to the understanding of the links and interactions existing amongst them. It has been given priority and centrality to the teaching of foreign languages (English and French are compulsory) in all course taught in the Faculty of Political Sciences, because the inner aim of the Faculty is to overcome national limitations as well as acquire the numerous advantages that the
knowledge of those languages can offer to students when he/she enters the job market where international relations are becoming pivotal. The Faculty also offers two Master courses in International Relations (including modules on International Political Institutions and Mediterranean and European Studies) and Administration Management.
In order to facilitate the process of internationalisation of its own students, the Faculty of Political
Sciences, in the framework of the Socrates-Erasmus project gas signed 35 international pacts with other European Universities located in Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Poland, the Slovak Republic and Spain.
Inter-disciplinarity of the taught disciplines and modules in this Faculty, the wide range of employment opportunities, services offered to students (traineeship, students’ mobility programmes, etc.), represent a strength offering a solid, consistent and flexible preparation which becomes adaptable to the needs of the Italian and foreign job market.